Requirements for MEMBERSHIP
The Canadian Chapter of the International College of Applied Kinesiology and the courses offered are open to healthcare professionals licensed to diagnose, or students enrolled in an accredited college or university program who, upon completion, will be granted a license to diagnose.
When registering, full members must provide ther doctor’s registration number and the provincial licensing board they belong to. Osteopaths (DO) are eligible as associate members with their certification details but they are not eligible for directory listings, voting in the annual general meeting and do not have access to the Diplomate (DIBAK) exam
FULL MEMBERSHIP $100
- For heathcare professionals licensed to diagnose in Canada; DC, MD, DMD or ND – depending on provincial regulatory bodies.
- Full members must have taken and passed the Basic 100-Hour AK Certification course to have a listing in the directory.
- Access to the Diplomate (DIBAK) exam.
- Full memberships contribute to research in applied kinesiology and members may publish in the ICAK-Canada Digital Research Journal.
- Doctors must provide their registration number with the provincial licensing board they belong to.
- Full members can attend and vote in the annual general meeting.
Associate membership $100
- Osteopaths (DO and DO students)
- First-time AK class attendants (free with coupon code)
- Members from other ICAK chapters
Associate membership allows access to members-only material, members’ discounts for training and ICAK events.
- Associate memberships contribute to research in applied kinesiology; associate members can publish in the ICAK-Canada Digital Research Journal.
- Associate members cannot vote in the annual general meeting, include their practices on the directory and do not have access to the Diplomate (DIBAK) exam.
Osteopaths (DO): Osteopaths are not regulated in Canada and are eligible for associate membership.
- DOs need to show proof of certification.
First-time AK class attendant in Canada
- Free introductory membership to the end of the year, with a one-time coupon code from your instructor.
- Associate members who are first-time AK class attendants can upgrade to full membership at any time.
- First-time AK class attendants must provide their license numbers and the provincial board they belong to OR their student number and name of college/university.
- Need to be able to provide proof of membership to another chapter.
Student membership $25
For students enrolled in an accredited college program who, upon completion, will be granted a license to diagnose.
Login Instructions for Members
Members can log in to their accounts here or in the top right navigation to update profiles as they show in the directory. Make sure contact info is up-to-date and include a description of your practice’s area of specialization (patients, techniques, ailments etc) so that your practice is found by the kind of patients you provide care to. Members are responsible for the accuracy of their listings in the directory.
Questions? Get in touch with the ICAK-Canada Team.